30 June, 2007

tirty tree...still funny

Yay! Erin is finally here, and we are happy. Here are sweet pics to prove it:





ok, so we thought that since we were finally together, we needed to take an awesome family picture. here are two:





I hope that you enjoyed those as much as we did.

Here is a list of the things that have filled our last week:
-rain
-hanging out with Collin almost every day, either playing football or having tea and talking late at night
-hanging out with the kids here in Dunclug, which has consisted mainly of playing football, wrestling, walking around with the kids, sitting with the kids, talking with the kids...you get the idea.
-John and I went mountain biking with Niel and Chrissy (his son) and three of the older boys from Dunclug, and it was not only the most extreme mountain biking experience of our life and the funnest day yet, but a great time with the boys
-Erin and Elizabeth made fairy cakes (I have no idea what that is, but she told me to put that) with one or two of the girls
-Three of us got to go a primary school "leaver's assembly" (skit day) for the kids moving on to seconday school
-We attended a community barbecue with the kids in Dunclug
-We have been invited to/have attended/are attending/will attend at least 3 other barbecues or meals with Hope and Hillside Church members
-more rain
-one cool looking rainbow
-We have been learning to cook scrumptious meals for 4
-We are going to Ballykeel again tomorrow to hang out with some Protestant kids.
-We are helping the Hope Team to lead the service at Hillside Church on Sunday
-We are all learning (mainly me, Dwight) how to play the guitar from John, our resident musician. Elizabeth wants everyone to know how proud she is that she can now play the chord G. wow.

Things really have been going so well and the Lord is providing some great and now regular opportunities to develop relationships with the people here. Please continue to lift up the people here and pray that the Lord will continue to grant us wisdom and more opportunities. The weather is weird, too, so pray about that.

Here are more sweet pics to feast your eyes upon:




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey you guys! awesome to hear an update. sounds like you've been really busy. those relationships sound awesome and all of the great things you've been doing too. we continue to pray for you and are so excited about how you guys are living out Jesus' love. Dwight, Nathan and I read your update this morning and he's wiggling all over my lap now...quite enough typing for him. love you guys...ac

Nathan M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan M said...

Dwight, I'm stoked to hear someone finally got you on a mtn. bike and that you are learning guitar.

I really wish that I could've met the other interns before yall left so I could leave messages for all of you and not just Dwight... but for real, to all of you... I'm praying for each of you and since Christ says your my brothers and sisters... and we are about the same work... and we're gonna kick it in heaven... I'll write like I know you... so labor well! Keep up the updates!

Patrick said...

I demand a post from John too. You guys are being real good about it, and I expect Erin will too, but I also like John.

Melissa said...

yes! pictures! okay, so on the previous post you forgot to mention "cheeky" - adj. meaning sassy or rude. That's my all time fav.

Thanks for keeping up with the posting! I love seeing what's going on.

Cantrell said...

Yay for little irish kiddies and for you all being finally together! keep the updates coming!