04 May, 2008

All of my clothes are pink...

It's sunday afternoon right now and we are all enjoying a couple of hours of rest and reading in between the morning services and the night services. After church this morning, we were invited to lunch at a couple's house from Ballyloughan. It was a great time and we really enjoyed getting to know them more, and experiencing the love of Christ through their hospitality and the fellowship of the body here. Elizabeth is about to go have a meeting with the elders from Hillside about trying to figure out a way for her to stay on living here after this year. Actually, they are here right now to pick her up, so please be praying that they will have wisdom and discernment in this matter, for Elizabeth really feels that the Lord is leading her to stay.

We had an unexpected, pleasant surprise visit from Colin the other night! He called my phone and said he wanted to see us, which was very exciting, because we have been trying to get ahold of him recently, to no avail. Anyways, he came by sometime after 11 and ended up staying till near 1am. It was so good, and we were able to make him his favorite food ever-bacon! He didn't like our American biscuits as much, but breakfast, football, photo shoots, coffee and tea, and a group walk through the estate was never as much fun. Please keep praying for Colin, that the Lord would continue to seek him, even in the midst of his running from him, and that Colin would give in to the Spirit and yield to his ways.





Yesterday, Elizabeth went to the coast for the day with a friend and had a great time, John and I went rock climbing at an indoor wall again, and Erin guarded the fort. We took Steen, on of the boys from the estate, with us climbing and we really enjoyed hanging out with him, since we haven't seen him around much recently. We also went to Mark and Jacqui's house the other night and made them chicken quesadillas and saw their baby Jonathan.

Well, the only other important thing that I can think of is that I had a tragic blow to my limited wardrobe. I had delayed in washing my clothes for so long that I was finally forced to do it so I would have something to wear. Rather than split it up into two loads, i literally shoved it all into the tightest single load ever...much to my dismay, I realized far too late that I had also included in that load my red boxing wraps. That's right, my ENTIRE load is pink, not an even, slightly distinguishable pink, but bright, random splotches of red and pink everywhere. oh well, I guess I am reminded that life does not consist of these things, but things of far greater importance. I better get used to pink.
Until next time, we love you all!!!!



2 comments:

Matt Francisco said...

oh.... d.... i am sorry. i'm glad you are secure enough in your masculinity not to be affected by the onslaught of carnation.

in other news: a number of us went to go watch Josh Ritter tonight and decided that you two must be related somehow. his mannerisms, expressions, genuine friendliness, and passion (not to mention his eyes & mouth) reminded us of you

Anonymous said...

The fashionistas tell me that pink is the new white. Actually that isn't true, I just made it up to have a cheap joke at Dwight's expense.