07 May, 2008

burgers, indiana jones, and clean clothes

During our time in Ballymena, we have found some great places to eat, one of which is the Spinning Mill. Our friends took us there last summer for breakfast and we have made use of the inexpensive meals over the past months.  A couple months ago, I was invited to have lunch with Dwight and Paul.  I went to the counter to order my sandwich and went back to the table to wait for the guys.  They returned excited and informed me that they had discovered that you can order an extra slice of meat on a double burger for only a pound (approx $2) extra, making it a triple.

So, after months of planning, we took a family outing...



...they ate every last bite.

The new Indiana Jones movie comes out May 22 in Ballymena.  To celebrate, we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark with our friend Danny Sunday night.  We met Danny through working with Ballyloughan Presbyterian Church over the past few months.  He is a physics teacher for an all boys school in Belfast where he teaches ages 12 to 18.  He drives up to Ballymena (approx 30-45 minute drive, depending on the traffic) every other week to help with the community youth club.  He is great.

To continue with news of laundry...the weather has been amazing and I dried my clean clothes outside on the line yesterday.  They smell so good.

3 comments:

elaine davis said...

those burgers scare me.

Jamie said...

those burgers make my stomach hurt.

burger king said...

it's all about the fellowship, honestly!